Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Self-Help Center


The Inyo Superior Court offers a free Self Help Center (SHC) to assist self-represented customers with a variety of basic legal issues.  The Self-Help Center Attorney or staff cannot provide legal advice.  Conversations with the Self-Help Center are not confidential.  The Self-Help Center will help both sides to the case.   

What We Help With:

  • Child Custody and Visitation Orders
  • Child and Spousal Support Orders (modification)
  • Civil Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment, Elder Abuse, Workplace Violence)
  • Department of Child Support Services
  • Divorce & Legal Separation
  • Establishment of Paternity
  • Guardianships (person only)
  • Step-Parent Adoptions
  • Name Changes
  • Residential Evictions
  • Small Claims
  • Non-Probate Transfers of Property
  • Expungement

Assistance Available By:

Walk-in, telephone, e-mail, mail.  Remote services available by appointment every Friday through phone or Zoom. 

Reference and Educational Materials:

Instructions for completing and filing court forms, self-help forms, self-help books, computer access to legal forms and programs, local attorney lists, and reference lists for community resources and organizations.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.