Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


The Superior Court of Inyo County offers free help to the public. We help with a variety of basic legal issues and types of cases, including family law and small claims. 

- Ask us your questions by phone or email

- Get help with court forms at a workshop

- Find step by step instructions online

Services we offer

We help people who need legal information but don't have a lawyer. We can answer questions about your case, help you figure out which forms you need and how to fill them out, and explain different legal options. Our staff does not give legal advice (we can tell you how to do something but we can't tell you what choice you should make) and we may refer you to a private attorney or another resource depending on your situation. See more on what to expect.

Call us

We are available Monday through Friday from 8AM to 12PM and 1PM to 4PM. You can also  leave us a voicemail and we'll return the call within 2 business days.

Call 760-872-6240

Email us

We can be reached at Please provide as many details as you can, including your case number if you have one. We answer emails within 2 business days.

Send Email

Step-by-step instructions online 

The State of California provides online information and resources for people representing themselves in a court case. Access these easy-to-read step-by-step instructions for navigating your court case from any device. 

California Self-Help Guide

Online Workshops 

Inyo residents can access statewide workshops focused on completing a specific legal task.

Check the schedule here

Related Resources

  • Lawyer Referral Services

    Lawyer referral services are offered by the California Bar Association.

  • Families Change

    A guide to separation and divorce. Resources are available for all members of the family.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.